Friday, November 20, 2009

Romance is in the air

Surprises are usually surprises and aren't always great. But good surprises, not bad-the tire just blew out, or dog just died surprises-but the nice ones that make you giddy for hours and hours and your face hurts from smiling because you just can't help it. Well, even when it's not specifically for you it's hard to not smile too.
That's how the past couple days have been.

First of all, I have become enamored with The Pioneer Woman. She is a blogger who has a new cookbook and just came to my store. So I looked her up because people are freakish about her-they LOVE her. And I know why-she's a real person with a real love story. She did a series of blogs about how her and her husband met and fell in love and got married. And let me tell you-a cowboy is the way to go! I was shocked when I started reading this-it was just too good to be a true story. I mean he walked right out of some romance novel and seems perfect. And if you're saying-well no one's perfect-you're right. However, meeting these people, seeing their family, they are truly a love story. Their family is so cute and he is so supportive of her, and The Pioneer Woman said it herself, he's not perfect, but he's perfect for her. And she's probably right-and now I'm looking for my own cowboy. I've always had a little thing for cowboys but I thought that in reality they'd probably be a little on the chauvinistic side, perhaps a little more conservative than I'd be able to handle, but boy oh boy-I'm hooked-I don't care-I'll take 'em-faults and all!

Then seeing two people who are so happy to see eachother. One having been surprised by the other-they live in separate states. The sheer giddiness and happiness that radiates from them is intoxicating. It shows you that you really need to appreciate the time you have together. The surprise is always great, and sometimes tearful, as the one realizes that someone went so out of the way for them. Made a long trip, time, money, tear and wear, and all for them. The hands that can't separate, or when they do not for long, for fear that they'll disappear. The looking out of the corner of the eye because to look completely away would make the other disappear. The glow. The glow of love and joy that radiates from the faces of the lovers. Drunkeness!

Oh Romance-forget Valentine's Day-Fall-heading into winter-heading into the magical holiday season is when these things happen. I love the magic of the holidays. Look for those moments, those interactions between people who just enjoy eachothers' company freely and happily. Drink from that cup, share it with your friends, and block out the ugliness that may try and invade.

BTW Ree Drummond is The Pioneer Woman-check out her site-Google her and you'll find her. It's great!

No comments: