Sunday, July 6, 2008

And so it begins...

I had this great idea when I moved to Chicago. I was going to keep a journal of my first year-all the mishaps, failures, successes, funny mistakes that first timers make, etc. I wanted to document my first year, truly on my own. In a few years I'd look back and realize what I had overcome and how I'd grown, blah blah blah, remember the first time I drove the wrong way down a one way street, etc. Well, that didn't quite happen. And I'm okay with that. And now that I have to have a google account to comment on Matt's blog, I thought, here is another chance to remind myself, and anyone else who comes across it, what's happened. Plus I work in retail-there are always annoying, funny, frustrating stories about employees and customers. Working in the retail world had reinforced Shakespeare's "All the world's a stage." He was right-it is. We're mearly players trying to get by and make someone smile while we do. And so it begins-my almost first year in Chicago. Girl from the suburbs meets big city and hopefully doesn't end up homeless.

No comments: