Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slow Cooker wonderfullness

I love my slow cooker!
I'm making a roast right now-it smells great.
Cabarnet marinated. Potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, shallots, garlic. Yummy!
And I have good bread-I've been in a very big bread mood lately. Bread with soup-which i had yesterday. Now I feel the need to make some french onion soup in the slowcooker and get some french bread and good cheese...
Mac and cheese in the slowcooker... i haven't done that in a while. But I have to wait until I'm not sick anymore before I can eat cheese again.
I really want to make a pork roast and saurkraut in the slow cooker next. With New Year's just around the corner-maybe I'll do just that.

The slowcooker is like whiskey for food. You let it set and cook like whiskey ages (although whiskey ages a lot longer than the food cooks). But it just cooks and all the flavors get a chance to come out and meld together. The juices come out of the meat and flavor the vegetables. I also love a great spiced cider in the slow cooker. Apple, cinnamon, cloves, spiced rum and a little punch and orange zest! See why this thing is awesome-and your whole meal is in the dish. There's nothing else i have to do other than cut the bread when I fill my plate. That is also why this thing is wonderful-forget the multiple pot and pans! I clean the slowcooker and my plate. That's it! And it's pretty much dummy proof-it's really hard to screw it up. Just throw everything in and leave it for hours. I'm loving it!

Oh and Steve is coming on Sunday!!!!!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Williams Sonoma has a great mulled cider