Monday, August 4, 2008

And so it's over

Well, my first two weeks at the Old Orchard store has been crazy! I can't even explain how different each day is...but I think I learned more in my first week than I have in the last 8 months just because I was faced with so many different situations before. And the customers! They actually listen to you here. And they want you to recommend stuff to them and they don't read Patterson! Well, I'm sure they do, but the ones that really want recommendations don't.

Also, 2 events. Charle Strouse!!!!! I met him, he sang and played, I ran sound for him! So i got to stand to the side of him basically the whole night and watch this man's hands move across the keyboard and hear his stories and memories of working in theatre and film and with the different people he's worked with. Lauren Becall, Dick Van Dyke, Sammy Davis Jr....the list goes on and on.

And then Stephanie Meyer!!! Which was fun and freaky with all the vampire faces and blood. But the sadness is that I am done with the book (tear). I will probably re-read because I read it so fast, but it's still sad that these characters will only continue in my own bland and unimaginative head. The writing is not great-it's true. And I think I noticed it a little more in the last book than the others, but I still enjoyed it. And I was right!!!! I had 3 possible scenarios that I was willing to live with, and oddly enough, the scenario that I thought the most ludicrous and improbable, was the one that happened! Crazy! But I won't elaborate on Breaking Dawn right now-it's only been out 3 days so I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

The big question in the air is will my roommate get layed off from the Trib and will she move? Which means am I moving or looking for a new roommate? I'm trying not to stress cause i moved from Ohio last time and found a place, and this time I'd be here-so theoretically it will be easier, but I hate moving. Oy!

No comments: