Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Couch Chronicles!

As i reminisce for the next couple days on the couch...

How it all began:
Ozzy Osbourne.  Yep-that's how it all began.  I was just working the event.  Everything going well.  Heck I even sprinted down the line outside (a few hundred people) to find Natalie in the middle of leather clad, Sabbath T-Shirt wearing, chain jingling from pockets, people.  I was feeling good!  I get back inside, check in with my awesome G group-they were chilling in Bargain and cleaning up after themselves.  My DM radios that Ozzy has arrived and I'm needed in the music department to take my post at the table.  (Yep I was at the signing table-shooing and thanking all of the fans for coming and waiting for insanely long hours).  In the few brief minutes before Ozzy came out to the table, and I was patiently waiting at my post, the next name that is infamous in this story is Bernie Gonzalez.  He was at the entrance to the music department. 

He called my name; for a reason that I've still yet to figure out. Because I think he just wanted to tell me that we were starting soon or something (which I already knew).  Well i travel on over to him-a mere 10-15 feet from my post.  Not far, not rocky or difficult terrain-flat-like comepletely flat-in a store-so it has to be flat.  Nothing to trip over, because well there usually isn't anything to trip over, but we were being doublysure of that since Ozzy would be walking through.  So Bernie shares his message with me (again I don't remember it being of any real importance, but I honestly don't remember because after that moment I was in a whole lot of pain, and on an adrenaline rush working at Ozzy's table); and i turn to head back to my post, I believe as i was turning a corner around a fixture perhaps is when my knee decided it didn't want to continue in the most logical sense.  I felt weird-wasn't where it should be.  I thought it would go back to it's place in a second.  Stepped down. and realized that this was not the case when the shooting pain shot through me and my eyes welled up with tears. 

I don't plan on ever giving birth-but lamaz is good to get through any kind of pain-and that's kind of what i did.  and a whole lot of asprin.  and adrenaline. 

Ozzy fans are crazy dedicated people.  And they range in ages from very young to very not.  They were waiting in line starting Thursday night.  It was absolutley insane.  A blast.  it was fun.  and I'm so happy i got to be a part of it.  bummed I didn't get to meet Sharon-but hey those are the breaks.  I follower her on twitter-so it's ok.

So chronicles from the couch.  My butt hurts.  I'm so sick of sitting forever and ever. Leg up leg iced horse pill taken.  Can't move in my sleep.  Ugh it sucks.  But it's getting better-and I'm hoping it keeps going that way. 

No comments: