Saturday, February 27, 2010

Turkeys will return..

Okay-so the wild turkeys and other fierce animals will return.  However, my creative juices (if we can call them that) are not flowing. 

Dena Jo is getting knee surgery.  Torn ACL torn meniscus.  tons of not fun.  So far I haven't had a break down.  I'm just waiting for that.  Been keeping it together though.  Which is a little rough.  And I know everyone keeps saying it's for the best, you'll be happy when it's all better, it's not that bad-this stuff has come so far in the years.  Blah blah blah.  I know I'm not having heart surgery here.  But I also know that I am a single white female alone in Chicago on a tight budget.  That's the stuff that sucks and worries me.  I've worked pretty hard on trying to maintain and stay on top of finances.  Improve my credit and all that jazz.  I'm just dreading yet another bill that I have to pay and don't always know where the money's coming from.  Or not where it's coming from but I guess it just mean that any sense of a social life is gone.  Ugh.

With my impending trip under the knife brings the first visit from the parents.  2 1/2 years and here they come.  So I'll be able to show off my sparsley furnished apartment and Northwestern Hospital.  And the hospital is downtown so they'll see a little of the city.  And we do have to drive past my current B&N store to get there.  Not a completely lost cause. 

No comments: