Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The turkeys will have to wait

Today started out pretty good.  A little drowsy-but that's usual.

I saw my very first opera-Damnation of Faust.  Riff Raff from Rocky Horror made an appearance-so it made me feel a little more at home.  But it was really cool.  It was a modern interpretation so there were no long braided wigs or viking hats-but hey that's ok.  Lighting was pretty darn awesome.  As it was a dress rehearsal there were a few technical moments of interest for me.  So I loved it.
Then a trip to Garfield Park conservatory-pictures and video coming soon.  It was pretty and warm and smelled good!  And then I checked my voice mail...

Which I guess I should've done last night-or this morning-or well anytime before I did-cuz then I would've been able to call and get some more details-instead I was left with a voice mail and google.  Not a good combination.  The voice mail you ask?  It was the results from my MRI of my knee.  Yeppers-a voice mail.  So, apparently I have a ruptured ACL and torn maniscis something.  She had a name for the tear in the maniscis but I couldn't understand what she said.  Now for all I know this may not be too terrible-however the words surgery and surgeon were also in the voice mail.  And online it said when the ACL and manisicis both have damage-you should probably just have the damn surgery.  But i don't know if we're going with total ACL replacement or if they're just trimming some stuff or what. Thus my worried state. 

And thus why medical people should not leave you voice mails with this kind of information.  Or at least a little more clarification!  Cause now i just have google and key words and put that together and I'm looking at some pretty scary stuff.
And nothing really defines the difference of a rupture compared to a tear-or if there is a difference.  I don't know!  It's all meshed into one-which is why I'm confused worried and mad! 

Ugh.  I wanted to write the second installment of the Turkey blog.  But my creative juices are just not flowing at the moment.  This sucks. 

No comments: