Thursday, December 31, 2009

Every end leads to a new beginning.

New Year's is probably my least favorite holiday.  I'm trying to give it a shot this year.  Using it as a point of change for myself.  To work towards new (or old) goals; mentally recharge and reattack life, take stock of where I am.  I'm a reflecter and analyzer.  I've been reflecting a lot lately.  And I do need to make some changes.  Keeping those in mind at all times and when I want to be weak will be the challenge-but I have to.  I can't let fear hold me back; change is not always a bad thing.  Change is scarier here because I often feel like I'm by myself-no extended family to fall back on if a decision goes wrong.  Makes it a little riskier.  Doesn't make it less possible or necessary.

I'm also grateful for what I have and the people in my life.  Even the ones I don't get to see or talk to often.  It amazes me how there are certain people in your life who, no matter how long you've been apart, you always feel like they've been there everyday inbetween. You're still as close, and whereas they may not know the day to day details of your existence-they know You.  And that is comforting and grounding and wonderful. It's precious-cherish it. 

I'm grateful.  And I'm going to be better this year. 

No comments: